Scientific studies reveal the power of probiotics to improve immunity.
Probiotics can modulate the microorganism ecology and immune system, therefore improving our immunity!
Probiotics is known to be a safety and efficient supplement. Many scientific studies support the abilities of probiotics to fight against viral and bacterial infections and symptoms alleviation. While most of these studies are based on authoritative double-blind randomized controlled trials and meta-analysis.
# Prakoeswa CRS, Bonita L, Karim A, Herwanto N, Umborowati MA, Setyaningrum T, Hidayati AN, Surono IS. Beneficial effect of Lactobacillus plantarum IS-10506 supplementation in adults with atopic dermatitis: a randomized controlled trial. J Dermatolog Treat. 2020 Nov 8:1-8. doi: 10.1080/09546634.2020.1836310. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 33040631.
* Zafar N, Aslam M A, Ali A, Khatoon A, Nazir A, Tanveer Q, Bilal M, Kanwar R, Qadeer A, Sikandar M, Zafar A. Probiotics: Helpful for the prevention of COVID-19?. Biomed. Res. Ther.; 7(11):4086-4099.
^ Biotech Research Institute: 3hrs acid-tolerance Test, pH3.2
Probiotics can improve intestinal health and immunity to prevent novel virus
Novel virus makes use of the membrane spike proteins to bind with the angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE-2) receptor on human cell surface, causing severe health conditions such as acute respiratory infection, pneumonia, and cardiac infection. ACE-2 receptor is commonly found in respiratory tract, kidneys and intestine. Thus, novel virus can also attack intestinal cells and cause diarrhea, therefore spreading the virus. This situation is even more common than SARS and MERS.
Microorganism can be found in different body parts, even in respiratory tract and lungs. Microorganisms in intestine and lungs can interact with each other through exchanging information by immune cells and small molecules, forming gut-lung axis. If the respiratory tract is infected, the pulmonary microbiota composition will be disrupted and affect the balance of the intestinal microbiota, causing immune system disease and increase the risk of subsequent infections. A recent study by the Chinese University of Hong Kong found that the gut microbiota composition of patients infected with novel virus is significantly different with that of healthy people. These patients will have reduced bacteria classes, insufficient beneficial bacteria and increased harmful bacteria. They are difficult to restore their health even after recovery. Some bacteria species are also correlate with the severity of disease. Moreover, the content of Bacteroidetes in patient’s feces is reduced, which these bacteria may be related to the reduced ACE-2 receptor amount and the reduction of the risk of virus entering the cell. These bacteria are also related to virus load.
Probiotics are responsible for modulating microbial ecology and regulating immune system, therefore enhance resistance. The mechanism is by maintaining integrity of intestinal cells to form a protective barrier. Probiotics can also activate immune cells to produce anti-virus substances and a series of cytokines and interleukins, stimulating specific CD4 and CD8 white blood cells, macrophage, natural killer cells, B lymphocytes and other immune cells to fight against virus.
PGut specially designed probiotics for Asian to strengthen resistance
Premium E3 Probiotics
PGut specially designed probiotics for Asian to strengthen resistance –
Premium E3 Probiotics
PGut Premium E3 selected all the above ‘star-rated’ probiotics for you to fight against respiratory tract infections and enhance resistance. It is your best choice for anti-virus!
(1) Din AU, Mazhar M, Waseem M, et al. SARS-CoV-2 microbiome dysbiosis linked disorders and possible probiotics role [published online ahead of print, 2020 Nov 11]. Biomed Pharmacother. 2020;133:110947. doi:10.1016/j.biopha.2020.110947
(2) Manna S, Chowdhury T, Chakraborty R, Mandal SM. Probiotics-Derived Peptides and Their Immunomodulatory Molecules Can Play a Preventive Role Against Viral Diseases Including COVID-19 [published online ahead of print, 2020 Nov 23]. Probiotics Antimicrob Proteins. 2020;1-13. doi:10.1007/s12602-020-09727-71)
(3) Murakami K, Habukawa C, Nobuta Y, Moriguchi N, Takemura T: The effect of Lactobacillus brevis KB290 against irritable bowel syndrome: a placebo-controlled double-blind crossover trial. Biopsychosoc Med 2012, 6(1):16-16.
(4) Liu B, Yang X, Guo L, Zhang J, Zhou X, Yi R, Zhao X: Inhibitory Effect of Lactobacillus plantarum Isolated from Chinese Sichuan Pickles (Paocai) on Constipation in Mice. Journal of Food Quality 2019, 2019:9781914.
(5) Chong HX, Yusoff NAA, Hor YY, Lew LC, Jaafar MH, Choi SB, Yusoff MSB, Wahid N, Abdullah MFIL, Zakaria N, Ong KL, Park YH, Liong MT. Lactobacillus plantarum improved upper respiratory tract infections via enhancing immune and inflammatory parameters: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. J Dairy Sci. 2019 Jun;102(6):4783-4797.
(6) Landete, J. M., Gaya, P., Rodríguez, E., Langa, S., Peirotén, Á., Medina, M., & Arqués, J. L: Probiotic bacteria for healthier aging: immunomodulation and metabolism of phytoestrogens. BioMed research international, 2017.
(7) Olaimat AN, Aolymat I, Al-Holy M, et al. The potential application of probiotics and prebiotics for the prevention and treatment of COVID-19. NPJ Sci Food. 2020;4:17. Published 2020 Oct 5. doi:10.1038/s41538-020-00078-9
(8) Wang H, Braun C, Murphy EF, Enck P: Bifidobacterium longum 1714™ strain modulates brain activity of healthy volunteers during social stress. The American journal of gastroenterology 2019, 114(7):1152.
(9) Wang Y, Li X, Ge T, et al. Probiotics for prevention and treatment of respiratory tract infections in children: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Medicine (Baltimore). 2016;95(31):e4509. doi:10.1097/MD.0000000000004509
Thanks for purchasing our products at https://biomed.hk operated by Biomed Technology Holdings Ltd.
Agreement on our terms of service and refund policy should be registered before the order is established or member registration.
(1) You can replace the products you purchased on BioMed within 14 days from the date of receipt if the following return requirements are met (gift packages or gift cards are not applicable, but according to the terms of the special marketing events)
Refund requirements include
• Manufacturing issues
• The product colour, pattern, model and material do not match with the description on the website
• Defects and product quality issues
• Certain special discounts or promotion events must be returned as a whole. Partial returns and refund applications will not be accepted
(2) In case of any disputation, BioMed will reserve the right of final decision
If anything is unclear or you have more questions feel free to contact our customer support team at [email protected]